Pilates in Leicestershire
My Leicestershire based Pilates classes are an easy going blend of Pilates, core stability and resistance work for the postural muscles. Using Pilates as its basis and including foam rollers, resistance bands and body weight exercises, Pilates4All will help to:
- Increase spinal mobility
- Alleviate back pain
- Increase core strength and abdominal tone so as to help protect the back
- Improve posture
- Relax and stretch the body
When the days are long and the weather is good, classes will take place on mats set up outdoors.
Courses start in January, April, July and September and run for the duration of term time (apart from the summer course) on Thursday evenings at 8pm: this enables me to progress the exercises over the period (yes, that means work you harder!) and it also ensures that I am aware of any medical restrictions (back trouble, joints, postnatal complications etc.) that people might have on the course, as everyone fills in a confidential medical screening form beforehand.
My Leicestershire Pilates takes place in the lovely new Woodhouse Community Hall, LE12 8TZ, set in beautiful countryside just south of Loughborough.
Click on my lovely pictures to enlarge them and have a good nose!
The cost of each Pilates4All course depends on the number of weeks the course is running for. A 10 week course costs £59 and for this you get:
- A small, friendly group setting where you are looked after as an individual, catering for any individual problems such as back or joint pain, as well as pregnancy or post-pregnancy separation of the abdominals (if relevant)
- A complimentary natural cotton shopping bag filled with information about, and special offers from, lots of interesting products and services
- A weekly newsletter with lots of information, tips and recipes
- An optional organised evening out each term
- An interesting and varied mix of equipment used in class to keep you strong and to help release tension in the lower back and shoulders
“I attended Jo’s classes for over 6 months and the results were amazing! I felt toned, leaner and more able to deal with the physical demands of my day-to-day life. Jo has a great teaching style which instils confidence and self-belief [...] I have no hesitation in recommending her classes for people of all ages and levels of fitness – there is something for everyone!”
Dr L. Killick, Professional Cricket Coach and Managing Director of Footprints Sports
I do hope you like the sound of Pilates4All. To sign up simply:
- Click on “registration form” which you will find in the menu down the left hand side of this screen
- Fill in this online medical screening form
- Click “submit registration”
- Sit back and wait for my very lovely and efficient assistant, Jayne, who will get in touch with you to give you all the information you need before coming along to your first class
Q. When does the next course start?
A. Go to Timetable and Availability
Q. May I start part way through a course?
A. It depends on whether or not my course is full. Check here to see if spaces are available.
Q. I suffer from back pain. Is Pilates4All suitable?
A. This course uses Pilates techniques and focuses specifically on strengthening your back and abdominals, as well as on posture. It can, therefore, be particularly beneficial for those suffering from back pain. I would, however, suggest that you seek advice from your GP before enrolling.
Q. I struggle following choreographed routines. Will Pilates4All be complicated to follow?
A. No, this is not a “choreographed” class with a routine. We work through a series of logically organised exercises that strengthen the deep abdominals and the back muscles and I explain each exercise and make sure that everyone is doing the exercise correctly and working at a challenging but manageable level.
Q. I am a man! Pilates isn’t for men, is it?
A. Pilates was created by a man called Joseph Pilates so that he could gain strength. If you want to develop core strength – to alleviate back pain, correct your posture or improve your sports performance – then Pilates is a very efficient way of doing so, and it should become part of your weekly exercise “portfolio”.
Q. I have heard that you specialise in pregnancy and postnatal exercise. I am neither pre nor postnatal. Is this class suitable for me?
A. Yes, that's why it's called Pilates4All: any age (from 18 upwards), male, female, fit, unfit etc.
Q. I have had a baby in the last 6 months. Am I OK to join this class?
A. Yes, of course you can, and I will look after you as is appropriate depending on how stretched or weakened your abdominals might/might not be.
Q. I am pregnant. Can I do Pilates4All?
A. Yes, you can join Pilates4All and I will adapt the exercises to make then safe and suitable for pregnancy wherever necessary. If, however, you get the opportunity to switch to Fit4birth, I would recommend doing so, because it is fun to meet other mums-to-be and all the exercises are tailored for pregnancy.
Q. What should I wear to Pilates4All?
A. Make sure you've got your gym gear and trainers with you, and your outdoor clothes just in case we do an outdoor warm up. Bring along some water too.